Sunday, April 11, 2010

inspiration from...a fashion pic...

one of the things that i always tell my clients...and friends...never stop pulling pics of outfits you like...you can always re-create it somehow...some way...and i of course...follow my own advice...as in this example...

i was perusing through one of my many many fashion mags that hits my mailbox recently...and this pic caught my eye...i know first...it was the black/white combination...which i always gravitate to...but recently...i have been on a huge stripe obsession...i mean...i've always loved stripes and polka dots...but lately...the stripe thing...well...i digress...

i pulled the page out...and the more i looked at it...i realized..that i already had the components to make this outfit...now that doesn't always happen...where you already have the pieces...but yet...another reason to draw inspiration from these pics...you may see a new way to wear something you already have...



here is my combination of it...with items i already had in my closet...sorry for the cropping job on the photo...i just didn't think my browski would want his pic plastered on my fashion blog...just sayin...



so...where do you draw your inspiration from for new outfits?

6 comments:

  1. Great copy catting! I love doing this too. I make an inspiration folder of clippings...I don't even paste them in a book...but i find that by setting the intention, the outfits come to fruition. For example, I saw this weird color combo in an outfit by Guess. It wasn't the clothes that I was looking at, just the combo of deep burgundy red against light lavendar. This has turned out to be one of my favorite new combos in my wardrobe, and it's made me discover more variations on that theme, like light yellow and burgundy, candy pink and burgundy.

    I hate to say, but I never get inspiration from real people in my world. Maybe Eileen Mahoney though, because she looks like Charlotte from SATC and dresses like that too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi karen! mine are in a folder as well...no time to keep them in a nice book...and i am the same...i even have some beautiful color combo's from room decors as well...inspiration is everywhere...love getting new ideas...especially when i have the clothing already in my closet...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Chanel my dear! But, it's so fresh and spring. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very smart outfit and I find inspiration in much the same way. One of our magazines here runs a solution wardrobe featuring 30 outfits for 30 days - it really makes me rethink how I wear clothes and when i like the style, I go and see what I have in my own wardrobe that is similar. http://www.fairlady.com/fashion/fashion/solution-wardrobe-april-10

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you stacy! you know i love me some chanel...even if it just "looks" like chanel...
    wendy - so so true...thanks for the link...i have seen that in a few mags as well...and believe that one should get in the habit of making a piece work with several different items in the closet...those are the articles of clothing that are worthwhile investments!
    adena - thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin