Monday, April 5, 2010

everything in its place...

life isn't perfect...and i don't ever recommend trying to attain perfection...i will gently point out...however...that one of the most luxurious feelings of all is to sit in the midst of a clean and uncluttered room...surveying a neat and tidy scene...
or better yet...a clean and uncluttered closet...

such as this beauty...i can only dream of such a room...


i am always intrigued with celebrity closets...remember these that instyle.com posted? yes...i drool...click for celebrity star closets - part 1 and celebrity star closets - part 2 to see the fabulous closets of the stars...

it is easier to feel regal when all around you is neat and organized...and the fact is that most of us have to get it that way ourselves...which has been my ongoing project as of late...

the closet...and although mine is not as spacious as the celebrity closets...it is bigger than some i've seen...and smaller than others...but i need to work with what i have...

i can't exactly be telling my clients to go through their items...when i'm not doing the same...so all the little posts i do...the suggestions i make...i follow...and not always willingly... =) i also...sometimes hold on to an item...or two...or three (hey...i'm human) longer than i should...

the good thing...is going through the motions...although overwhelming at times...creates a cleansing...not only in the closet...but within myself...

this isn't about perfection...but i do strive to have as many moments as i can when i can look around and think...yes...it all looks under control...

there is true luxury in order...

4 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more. I am constantly dealing with clutter and in NYC space is not a commodity, therefore it's even more important to declutter :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been in the middle of closet revamping for over 3 yrs. *sigh* I need a bigger house. But hubs always replies that a bigger house would just mean I would collect more stuff. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where is that closet in the photo and how can I get it?!

    Sorry it's been so long, my dear! In the process of reorganizing myself (online, no new closet yet), I've been out of the loop. But I'm trying to get back on track this week and here I am!

    Incidentally, I have not forgotten about the interview either, and will be cooking up a little feature soon!

    S

    ReplyDelete
  4. personally...1 week, 2 months, 3 years...i don't think closet revamping ever stops...sigh... kinda agree with the more space issue...i have three walk in closets (yes...three) although not humongous...and i feel i have no space...my dream would be to turn a room into a closet... one day =)
    and the closet in the post? yeah...gonna have to fight me for that one...haha...

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin