Tuesday, October 5, 2010

the boyfriend sweater...

my most favorite boyfriend sweater was actually stolen borrowed from my papacito's closet...i wore that sweater everywhere...maybe a part of it was having something of my dad's close by...but it also was so comfy cozy...i remember my grandfather having some great ones as well...but i drew the line of stealing borrowing from my grand-dad...although i have a feeling he wouldn't have minded...

so whether you beg, borrow or steal =) boyfriend sweaters are a great way to complete an outfit...and even better...a great way to transition from the warmer weather to cooler days...

they used to be worn with a very fine tank top or t-shirt underneath them...but now-a-days...they even look great over a beautiful sheath dress...feeling a little lost in the "bigness" of it? belt it...whether the sweater is buttoned or not...either way looks complete with a belt...and...it cinches you in...creating a defined waist (always a good thing!)

but don't stop there...they look great with leggings and the fabulous fall boots...jeans, summer dresses...use it as a jacket when the weather isn't quite cold enough for a coat...

so...do you have a favorite boyfriend sweater? dare to reveal who you got it from?

photo source

1 comment:

  1. What a coincidence! My newsletter that just went out is all about cardigans. I don't have any borrowed. In fact, I can only remember one cardigan my dad had when I was really, really little.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin