Sunday, July 25, 2010

denim therapy...

my younger years...still living under my parent's roof...i was pretty much a tomboy...i lived in jeans & t-shirts...that is all i wore...everyday...and one of the things that i wanted in my jeans...more then anything...was that ripped at the knees look...but i wanted it to happen naturally (don't ask why...i was young)

so...faithfully i wore my favorite jeans...and as i wore them...i noticed...the threading starting to fray...the material getting thinner and thinner...and i knew...that it was just a matter of time...before my jeans would be exactly the way i wanted them...

then the rip started...in my left knee first...and then...well...i must have helped it along...because one day...while i was sitting in my room (actually kneeling) while picking up something or other...the teeny tiny frailed hole...ripped! just how i wanted them to look...needless to say...i was pretty happy about my favorite pair of jeans...now...even better...

so imagine my horror...a few days later...when i got home from school...and my lovely mamacita...had washed my jeans...and yes...patched up the holes on the knees of my jeans...

you see...my mom is a seamstress...alterations is her life...(slight exaggeration inserted here)...so what she thought she was lovingly fixing for me...my favorite pair of jeans...were now...in my eyes...ruined...

i have since gotten over that traumatic experience...and no longer have the desire to wear torn up jeans...although now...you see them everywhere...you can actually buy jeans...all ripped up and distressed...and yes...may i say...my mamacita still does not understand this...buying brand new jeans for $200 on up that are all ripped up...

although i don't personally have ripped up jeans now...i do know the feeling of having a favorite pair of jeans...that fits perfectly...and they are looking like they are on their last leg...for most people...jeans are a hard buy...you've got to try on a lot of pairs to find something "just right"...

well never fear..."denim therapy" is here...is there a poet in the making? =)

if anything...you've got to at least check out the before and after shots of the jeans...it is pretty remarkable...at $7/per inch...your jeans can look like new...they can even turn your favorite jeans into temporary maternity jeans...pretty fabulous...i'd say...

source

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin