Friday, November 19, 2010

birthday surprise...

so one of the great things about being owner of "the savvy chic event" boutique...is that i get to see all the inventory when it first comes in...and one of the bad things about being owner of "the savvy chic event"...is that i get to see all the inventory when it first comes in...that being said...there is only so much i can dream about keeping for myself...i mean...the idea is to "sell" the items...not keep them for myself...

so for our first event...i have to say...we had an incredible shipment of jewelry...some alexis bittar...kenneth jay lane...just baubles extraordinaire...and i of course...was in heaven...trying everything on...imagining it with my wardrobe...blah blah blah...but there was one pair of earrings that really caught my eye...and i told myself...that if no one bought them...then i would know they were meant for me...

well the show ended...and they didn't sell...but i knew we would have some of this jewelry for our next event...so i decided to hold off in purchasing them for myself...adena (my business partner & fabulous friend) & i packed away the jewelry...still oohing over all the pieces...

meanwhile...during this whole time period...what do i spot in the november issue of lucky magazine? my earrings! well...mine in my head... =) now i really knew that i would need to be the proud owner of those gorgeous earrings...the caption in the spread was "vintage 20's-inspired glitz that channels a luxe, insanely feminine era"...uh...yeah...say no more...they are mine...can you guess which ones were mine from the scanned pic below?

scanned by moi
lucky magazine november 2010 issue


so...besides adena being my business partner & fabulous friend...we share the same birthday...yep...we do...so today we exchanged birthday gifts...one day early...and yes...when i opened up my little box...i squealed with delight...she told me that while we were packing...when i looked away...she grabbed them and stuck them in her pocket...sneaky little thing... =)

i think mine are much prettier then the ones in the lucky spread...those were in black...mine have a touch of my favorite color...green...aren't they divine?

kenneth jay lane "art deco drops" earrings


by the way...if you want to save me from myself...the next "savvy chic event" is coming up december 3 - 12 in the lovely san francisco bay area...i promise...there will be lots of treasures...lots of new designers...stay tuned for updates...

here is adena & i celebrating our same day birthday with our pomegranate martini's...which we have every year on our birthday...kind of like our tradition...although we have them for other occasions as well... =)

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Birthday-Sister! It's always fun to pull off a birthday surprise, isn't it? Have a fabulous day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy birthday...birthday sista! here is looking to another year of laughter...memories...& shopping! haha...love you!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin